Scaffolding is used on construction job sites every single day and can become a hazard if proper precautions are not taken. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 54 fatalities occurred from scaffold related accidents in 2009 and 72% of those accidents were attributed to either the plank or support giving way. Roughly 4,500 additional workers are injured on a scaffold every year, as well.
To make it easier to train your crew and make scaffold safety a top priority on you jobs, we’ve compiled a list of scaffold safety related documents for your reference:
- OSHA scaffolding eTool- contains a complete guide for all types of scaffolding
- OSHA scaffolding Powerpoint Presentation (download)
Tool Box Talks
- American Safety Consultants Scaffolding Tool Box Talk- sample layout of a pre-work meeting along with a sign in sheet
- JJ Keller Sample Scaffold Tool Box Talks- a complete guide for running scaffold safety tool box talks with topics ranging from access to erecting/dismantling to fall protection
- Scaffolding Safety- State Compensation Insurance Fund (15 minutes)
- Supported Scaffold Safety Basis- Crucible Safety Media (4 minutes)
- Scaffold Safety (Spanish)-National Safety Compliance (23 minutes)
What scaffold safety resources do you use? Let us know any we’ll add it to the guide!