According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, over 57,000 people were injured by a fall to a lower level on the job site in 2013, with the victims averaging 20 days missed of work. These types of injuries are extremely costly to employers and, more importantly, detrimental to the wellbeing of the victim.
In order to prevent such incidents on your job site, it’s important to discuss fall protection safety techniques and enforce the principles daily. Below are a list of resources to present to you and your team.
- OSHA Standards for Fall Protection
- Online reference for all fall protection relation OSHA rules and regulations
- OSHA Fall Protection eTool
- Interactive tool that walks you through common hazards and how to defend against them
- Fall Protection: Taking It to a Whole New Level (PowerPoint Download)
- Comprehensive PowerPoint presentation
Tool Box Talks
- Seven Steps to an Effective Fall Prevention Program | American Safety Consultants
- Sample Fall Prevention Tool Box Talk | JJ Keller
- Fall Protection Tool Box Talk (pdf download) | Allied Construction Industries